Sunday, March 7, 2010








I just finished this fellow yesterday and I'm not sure what to call him. Some possible factors in naming him: My wife and daughters, who have been known to pronounce my robots as cute, are all creeped out by him. Indeed, this may be the 'darkest' robot I've made. He's one of my favorites. He's also my first wooden robot.
Possible names so far: Skullbot, Bone-bot, Ezekiel-bot, Zeke-bot. Do you have any ideas?
Materials: His head is from a Mardi Gras necklace, his body is a handle from an old awl, arms and hands are from an old typewriter, cogs from an alarm clock, and my favorite parts of him are the old ball and socket joint shoulders that I have no idea what they are originally from.
My next bot that has a skull might have led eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment